Ughh  

Posted by: Karla

So I know this really has nothing, kind of, to do with books and such but I feel so mad about it so I wanted to just vent about it. It's kind of random but hence the name Karla's Randomness :)

So today during English, I don't know how we got the subject, the girl next to me says that her cousin who is younger than her, we're 16, is and has been doing drugs since she was 12. 12!! I know our town isn't great but that is still so young. I asked her if she has told her cousins parents and she said no because she didn't want to be a snitch. I find that very wrong and selfish. I am usually a calm person and I try to keep it that way but when I said the next thing I heard a harsh tone in my voice, I don't know if anyone else heard it though. I told her that it doesn't matter if she was a snitch. If I was in her position I would have talked to my cousin and told her parents. She replied by saying that she didn't want to be a snitch. I don't get it. Being a snitch shouldn't matter if someone close to you is putting themselves in danger. So I said, this is getting to the hole "I said...so then she said..." kind of thing isn't it?, if I were you and I hadn't told anyone and one day she gets hurt or overdoses I would blame it on me and not be able to live with myself seeing her parents in family in grief. She told me that her cousin would never overdose she isn't stupid like that. If she wasn't stupid then she wouldn't be doing drugs in the first place. That is when someone else in the group changed the subject by asking what kind of drugs her cousin did. I don't know if she knew I was getting angry or not but oh well.*sigh*
The conversation just aggravated me. It's not the first time a topic that aggravates me comes up during English. I've known this girl since elementary. I guess I believed a lot of the people I knew for a long time thought the way I thought on that subject and others like having sex as a teen, but I am terribly wrong. I just don't get it but that's a different subject. I would love to talk about it but this is already too long :). I kinda feel less jumbled up about it...thank you blogger :). What are your thoughts on drugs? What would you do?

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment